At the end of the May 2022, I ventured off on a big adventure. My first solo holiday adventure on my own, as a parent. I took my son on this same adventure. Fair warning, this will be a huge loaded blog post, about this adventure. A big one, travelling to Australia, to visit family. Yes I took my 4 year old son, to the other side of the country by myself, for 5 weeks. Although it was challenging and tiring, it was also so very rewarding. The memories we made, are for life.
Now of course there is too much to share in one blog post. You would be here for weeks reading this one post. I did keep a detailed journal of the holiday, and everything we did. It was beyond amazing to be able to explore Melbourne though, by ourselves and learn the area, all while staying in the hills/countryside.
Everywhere you drive too, there was beautiful scenery, everywhere. You can see why the Australian Government are so strict. It rained for the first few weeks we was there, but still so beautiful. If it rains in the UK, it’s depressing. It really does put a lot into perspective, and makes me want to take the dive to immigrate so much more. Another plan to visit, hopefully over Christmas, (Australia’s summer).
Here’s just a few things we did while we was away:
- Healesville Animal
- Puffing Billy at Emerald Lake.
- Cauldermeade Farm & Cafe.
- Neighbours Tour, Nunawading Studios.
- Melbourne Skydeck at Eureka.
- Explored Upwey.
- Melbourne Museum.
- Maffra motor museum.
- Cowes Beach, Phillip island.
- Penguin Parade, Phillip island.
- Sovereign Hill, Ballarat.
- Explored Echuca (VA) and went into Moama (NSW).
- Chadstone Mall.
- Mount Dandenong.
- Watched a movie at the Lunar Drive in.
- Melbourne Zoo.
- Luna Park, St Kilda.
- Fitzroy Gardens and Docklands.
- Moonlit Sanctuary.
- Melbourne Goal.
- Brighton Beach.
- Visited Fox’s classic car collection.
- Melbourne Sealife Aquarium.
- Explored Mornington Peninsula.
- Had a girls night out, in Melbourne city.
- Phillip Island wildlife park.
- Woolamai Beach.
- Olinda Park.
- Listerfield Park.
We also had a few self care days, a few rest days, and of course meals out, etc. Some days we did multiple activities. Enjoy this small gallery of some of our holiday pics. There is also pics and a few reels, on my instagram account: Rebeccaklxo .
Here’s to many more travel trips…